Nursing Professional Development Exam Review
Download .PDF Back to List
The Nursing Professional Development Exam Review covers numerous topics of interest and value to the Nurse Educator. These topics cover the various roles of the Nurse Educator, including program planning, management, collaboration, support of change and self-actualization. The Nursing Professional Development Exam Review focuses on the key aspects of the Nursing Professional Development Exam. Adult learning principles are utilized to foster an interactive and supportive environment during the review process.
Who is eligible to take this exam? All requirements must be completed prior to application for the examination.
- Hold a current, active RN license within a state or territory of the United States or the professional, legally recognized equivalent in another country.
- Hold a bachelor’s or higher degree in nursing.
- Have practiced the equivalent of two years full-time as a registered nurse.
- Have a minimum of 4,000 hours of clinical practice in nursing professional development within the last five years.
- Have completed 30 hours of continuing education in nursing professional development within the last three years.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program prepares the learner to:
- Describe the Nursing Professional Development Exam, test plan and the practice requirements to sit for the exam.
- Construct a study plan for the exam based on understanding the blueprint and domains of practice covered.
- Identify common mistakes and pitfalls that are made during studying and testing for the exam.
- Recall the core components covered in the exam through didactic supplementation and test questions.
Sign-in begins at 7:30 am. Each day includes a one-hour lunch (on your own), as well as a morning and afternoon break of 15 minutes each. The order of lectures presented and break times may vary according to speaker preference.
Day 1, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Introduction | The Exam
Adult Education | Learning Objectives | Methodologies, Teaching and Learning
- Ethical Guidelines and Legal Issues
Change Theories | Elements of Change | Change Process and Evaluation
- Evaluation of the Learning Process
Purpose | Evaluation Types | Methodologies | Tools for Evaluation
- Issues and Trends
- Accreditation and Approval
Accreditation | Approval | Terms | Processes | Applying
- Q & A Session
Day 2, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Introduction | Questions
- Learning Needs
Need Types | Assessment
Methods | Techniques
Definitions | Process | Plan | Implementation and Evaluation | Advertising
- Performance Improvement
Terms | Data | Standards
- Management Aspects
Resources | Facilities | Budgeting | Records and Reports
- Educator, Leader, Researcher
- Studying and Test-Taking
- Q & A Session